Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Stained Glass Sympathy

Hey y'all.  I was supposed to have this post up for SUO Challenges this morning, but I woke up at 4 a.m. feeling like the floor of a taxicab, so....better late than never?  I'm very grateful my husband was able to get our kiddo into daycare for the day because I've been useless.


So this week we have a sketch for you to try!


I still have several new stamp sets that I haven't inked up yet, so I used one of those for today's card:


I've been wanting the Painted Glass stamp set and coordinating Framelits since the catalog came out last summer, and I finally got it!  I made this card on Saturday, and I did the top part before I decided what sentiment to use, and I figured that it would be a good idea to make a sympathy card when I didn't need one.  Then on Sunday I found out a friend lost her sweet doggo to kidney failure, so it turns out I needed a sympathy card after all.  I feel extra sad posting this though because of the fire at Notre Dame yesterday--stained glass always makes me think of churches, and I got to see Notre Dame's rose windows in person a few years ago.

Well, anyway, I need to go crawl back in bed and try to recover enough that I'll be able to take care of kiddo tomorrow.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Painted Glass
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Smoky Slate, Powder Pink, Mint Macaron, So Saffron, Real Red & Shaded Spruce Blends
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Smoky Slate
Accessories:  Stained Glass Framelits, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Vicki Burdick said...

Just gorgeous, hope you feel better soon!