Thursday, April 18, 2019

Bye-Bye Dragonfly

So the Stampin' Up! retiring list dropped on Monday afternoon and of course some stamp sets that I adore are on it.  Not that it matters to me since I keep all my stamps, but I definitely don't use the retired ones as often.  So I'll probably make cards with the soon-to-retire stamps for a while, starting with Dragonfly Dreams.


I have several different dragonfly stamps in different sets, but I love that this one has big, bold dragonflies and some beautiful dies to coordinate.  I started with the sketch from Fab Friday:


Of course I immediately thought of the stitched rectangle dies when I saw that sketch, those are going to be favorites for a long time.

Here's the color challenge from Global Design Project:


I chose Tranquil Tide as my color.  I love that color!!  I already got a few extra packs of cardstock and some ink refills.  Tranquil Tide and Lemon Lime Twist are the two retiring In Colors that I'll miss the most.  You can't tell from the photo, but all the white is Shimmery White cardstock, and I added some Wink of Stella on the dragonfly for extra sparkle.  I've also decided I need some new white embossing powder; I tried using that and it looked terrible.  To be fair my pot of EP is probably nearly 10 years old, so I guess it's time for a new one!

In happy news, I'm a winner!


The folks at GDP chose my butterfly card from last week as a winner for that challenge, woohoo!  Definitely a bright spot in what's been a tough week.  I'm still trying to recover from the nasty virus that's knocked me on my rear since Tuesday.

That's it for me today, y'all.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Dragonfly Dreams
Ink:  Tranquil Tide, Whisper White
Paper:  Shimmery White, Tranquil Tide
Accessories:  Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, Rectangle Stitched Shapes Framelits, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, metallic sequins

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow, Christy, love the dragonfly in these colors! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!