Thursday, April 25, 2019

Bye-Bye Oh So Eclectic

Heyyyy we're almost to Friday.  I'm excited about this weekend because hubs and I got a babysitter so we're going to see the new Avengers movie!  Woohoo!

In the meantime, how about a card with another retiring stamp set?


I wouldn't say Oh So Eclectic is one of my favoritest stamp sets ever, but I have enjoyed playing with it for the last couple of years.  I do like that cutout die I did on the background which is part of the coordinating Thinlits.

Check out this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


See, that vertical strip made me think of the die right away.  And once I had this week's Color Throwdown colors in my head, the card came together very quickly:


I used So Saffron, Mango Melody, Night of Navy, and Granny Apple Green for my colors.  The flower is two stamps: for the solid stamp, I inked it up with So Saffron and then used a sponge dauber to apply some Mango Melody to the outside edges and the center of the stamp.  Then I just stamped the outline over the top with Mango Melody ink and die cut it.  I also put some Wink of Stella in the flower center but you can't see it in the photo. #typical

The Tropical Escape DSP stack once again came to my rescue when I wanted a pattern to go behind the die cut area; it's just some wavy Granny Apple Green lines that I thought coordinated well with the pattern on the leaves without drawing attention away from the focal point.

That's it for me today, y'all.  Today is my last barre class with the current instructor...she's 8+ months pregnant :) I hope they get someone to take over teaching the class, I do enjoy it a lot.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Oh So Eclectic
Ink:  So Saffron, Mango Melody, Granny Apple Green, Whisper White
Paper:  So Saffron, Night of Navy, Thick Whisper White, Tropical Escape DSP Stack
Accessories:  Eclectic Layers Thinlits, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

4 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

I'm a big fan of that die as well and you totally rocked the throwdown colors in this beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with our challenge!

Linda Callahan said...

Love how your flower just pops! Pretty card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the cut-out die for the vertical panel - terrific card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Brum said...

Great card! I love the die cut background and that pretty yellow flower! Great colour combination! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!