Thursday, April 4, 2019

Vases of Sunshine

Howdy, y'all!  I just got a big ol' box of SU! goodies late on Tuesday afternoon, so yesterday I got to bust it open and start playing a little.  I used one of my brand new stamp sets--Vibrant Vases--with the coordinating Varied Vases that I already had, and then I just had to use a sunny greeting for my card.


I think it's the gingham that sells the sunshine here ;) The vases are all from Vibrant Vases, but the plants are from Varied Vases.  Fun, right?

I used this week's Color Throwdown:


I decided to use lighter values of the colors for my card--I tried stamping the lilacs (I'm assuming they're lilacs) with Gorgeous Grape and it was just too dark.  So I went with Highland Heather, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, and Smoky Slate, plus some Basic Gray and Whisper White.  Paired that with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I did slightly change the placement of my sentiment strip just to make it work a little better with the vases.  I've still got several other new stamp sets to play with, not to mention some new patterned paper, so I'll be having some fun for the foreseeable future!

Cheers, y'all!  Hope it's sunny where you are.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Varied Vases, Vibrant Vases, Sunshine Sayings
Ink:  Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Highland Heather, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Gingham Gala DSP
Accessories:  Dimensionals

7 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

Yay for new goodies! You put them to great use by this sweet trio of vases in the throwdown colors! Love that you paired it with gingham. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet as can be! Love the springy yellow with the vases!

Jacquie Southas said...

The bright yellow gingham totally sells the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Brum said...

Such a pretty card! I just love the yellow gingham paper! It's so pretty! Love the flowers and vases too! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

So pretty and I'm loving the yellow!! Glad you are sending the sunshine because I happy to get some. Thanks for joining us at FMS!

Lori said...

Perfect for spring! Love the gingham background. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Jenelle said...

Such a pretty card! Love the flowers and the yellow gingham!