Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Five Challenges? Piece of Cake!

Hey y'all!  Have you ever had a perfect storm of challenges, where you make a single card that works for lots and lots of challenges?  Well, today's card is a quintuple challenge card.


And here's my challenges, in alphabetical order!

First up is the color combo from Fab Friday:


A fun and springy color combo, I'm going to miss Lemon Lime Twist so much when it retires.  At least we have Granny Apple Green in the regular lineup.

Next up is the sketch from Fusion:


I forgot to make my vertical strip go all the way to the edges of the card, mah bad.

Next up is the Inkspirational Challenge:


You can't tell from the photo, but the Flirty Flamingo circle is popped up on Dimensionals.  I found that circle in my stash already pre-cut so yay for using up random pieces!

And here's the theme challenge from the Paper Players:


This was fun; I used two patterns from Gingham Gala, and for the Highland Heather one (the larger print), I used markers to add some skinny stripes of Flirty Flamingo and Bermuda Bay.  Took a few minutes but I like the look!

And finally, here's the challenge from What Will You Stamp?:


I had been planning to use one of my newer stamp sets until I saw this challenge, and then I just had to do a cake.  I stamped the sentiment on the inside of the card, so it says "Happy birthday, you sweet thing" in Highland Heather ink.  I think I know who should get this card too!

That's it for me today.  Have a great day, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Piece of Cake
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay, & Flirty Flamingo markers; Highland Heather Blends
Paper:  Thick Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo, Gingham Gala DSP
Accessories:  Layering Circles Framelits, Cake Builder Punch, Dimensionals

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Your cake is just yummy! Love the plaids you used! Thanks so much for playing with my challenge at the Paper Players this week!

Heather said...

So cute, Christy - love the extra detail on the checked paper - bring on the plaid! Super cute little cake, too. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Ann Schach said...

I love how you added the extra lines to the Gingham Paper, Christy! I have been afraid to try that...since I never can seem to see straight. Great job! Your cake is so pretty! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

CUTE! Adding the extra lines Is genius! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Shauna said...

Cute card! I like your use of the subtle colors and the mixed patterns. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

WWYS Blog said...

Wow Christy! Five different challenges with one card! That is impressive and you nailed every one of them! Thanks for playing along with us this week at WWYS Challenge Blog!