Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Bye-Bye Oak Tree

Mornin' peeps!  How's your week going?  I am very grateful that I am feeling much better than I was last week.  I really really missed yoga for two weeks!

Today I'm sharing another card featuring retiring stamp sets.  Three of 'em, in this case.


I started stamping in 2004 or 2005, and Lovely As a Tree was in the catalog then so it predates me.  I'm not 100% shocked that it's finally retiring though because we now have Rooted in Nature, which I like to think of as an updated LAAT with sentiments.

Anywha, check out the Global Design Project sketch:


I admit I just couldn't get my sentiment to work how I wanted it to.  I really needed one that was shorter, but I also wanted one that would be good for a sympathy card (why do I always think of LAAT for sympathy cards?) so that's how I ended up where I did.  I used some probably retired Garden Green ribbon for the accent under the square piece.

I'll also enter this at Retro Rubber:


As I was saying before, Lovely As a Tree is the longest-lived stamp set in the SU! catalog and I've had mine probably since at least 2006, so 13 years is pretty dang retro.  Tree Rings is only about a year and a half old and poor little Wishing You Well is one I just got about two months ago, so not retro at all.  I thought it was going to carry over to the new catalog but it isn't...which is okay because I own it and I like it.

Hope you have a great day, y'all.  In a little bit Ryan and I will be off to the Y so I can take pilates and get my stretch on!  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Lovely As a Tree, Tree Rings, Wishing You Well
Ink:  Soft Suede, Garden Green, Balmy Blue, Early Espresso
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Rectangle Stitched Shapes Framelits, Dimensionals, Garden Green ribbon

3 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Yes, it's hard to believe that Lovely As A Tree is finally retiring. She deserves a party! Great use of the tree rings background stamp - it works perfectly with the oak tree. Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber Challenge.

ElizStewart said...

Christy... so subtle and so beautiful. Such a great background for your image! Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber this week.

Claire Grantham said...

Christy, this is a beautiful card, it has a really gentle feel. I like your sentiment, I think it works really well. Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT