Thursday, April 11, 2019

Glitter Rainbow Unicorn

Mornin', y'all!  I had an enjoyable naptime in my craft room yesterday (to be clear, my kiddo was napping, I was crafting).  I finished up a scrapbook layout and made a very happy card to share today.


AAAAHHHH I kind of love it.  Alllllll the colors!


And there's the inside; I thought the rainbow stripes, the glitter circle, and my fabulous unicorn would be too busy if I put the sentiment on the card front.

This card started with the new challenge from Retro Rubber:


When I was little (like, before I was 7, which is when we moved), I had a bedroom that had rainbow wallpaper on one wall.  I can't remember what color the rest of the walls were painted, but I had a yellow blanket on my bed and I still have the rainbow afghan my mom made to go with it all.  So yeah, I had to do the rainbow challenge!  And since Magical Mates (now one year old, I'm still salty it wasn't carried over from last year's Occasions catalog) is one of my favorite stamp sets ever, I had to use it for this challenge.

I stamped the unicorn with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, die cut, and then just used markers to color in her mane and tail to match the colors in the patterned paper.  I used the retired Pink Pirouette for the card base because I wanted a lighter color that wouldn't compete with all the fabulousness happening up top.  It's a little hard to tell from the picture, but the punched circle behind the unicorn is the white glimmer paper that we had last year to coordinate with Ms. Fancypants.  It looks fun IRL.  My not-so-inner child is pretty happy.

I also used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


The glitter enamel dots are standing in for the scalloped embellishment on the sketch.  This was so fun to make!

Okay, y'all have a great Thursday.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Magical Day
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Melon Mambo, Pineapple Punch, Granny Apple Green, Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Pineapple Punch, Shimmery White, How Sweet It Is DSP
Accessories:  Magical Mates Framelits, 1 3/4" circle punch, Dimensionals, Glitter Enamel Dots

7 comments:

Tanya said...

:) This is fabulous! I love that stamp set too!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous take on the sketch! I love your rainbow unicorn. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! I just love how happy that unicorn looks! Love the rainbows! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jan Clothier said...

A rainbow unicorn?! Who could resist? That and the striped paper - rainbows everywhere! Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber, Christie.

Linda Callahan said...

Those happy colors are perfect behind the unicorn! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Claire Grantham said...

Christy, I love your perfect unicorn, bouncing across his rainbow! I agree the sentiment inside is perfect. Thanks for joining us again at Retro Rubber. Claire DT

Neva Cole said...

Wow, what a fun card! Glad naptime (craft time was so productive!) Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber for our Rainbow challenge.