Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Celebratory Balloons

Happy Tuesday, y'all!  And this Tuesday it's time for a new challenge from SUO Challenges!



This time it's a theme challenge--celebrations!  I'm still working on getting some newer stamp sets inked up for the first time so I had to use this cute little lady from the hostess set Hand Delivered:


I picked some fun patterned paper (from the All My Love DSP) and then just picked some Blends colors that I thought might look good with it.  Of course I don't have the Lovely Lipstick Blends yet, so that's why I kept that color to just some pops on her belt, flower centers, and shoes.  Everything else is Blends, including Ivory, Pool Party, Mango Melody, Shaded Spruce, Highland Heather, and Flirty Flamingo.  I used the Color Lifter to do some highlights on the balloons.

Halfway through coloring my image I decided this was a congratulations card and I'm sending it to my sister-in-law.  She passed her realtor licensing exam a few months ago and recently made her very first sale--to my parents!  They're moving out of my childhood home to a house that's closer to my brother and sister-in-law and (most importantly) the granddaughter.  So yeah, anyway, I think my SIL deserves a congratulations card to celebrate her first sale.  I used Highland Heather for the card base, not that you can see it, because purple is her favorite color.

So what do you have to celebrate?  Make a card and share with us on the SUO Challenges blog.  Cheers, yo!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hand Delivered
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Ivory, Pool Party, Mango Melody, Shaded Spruce, Highland Heather, and Flirty Flamingo
Paper:  Highland Heather, Pool Party, Thick Whisper White, All My Love DSP
Accessories:  Rectangle Stitched Shapes Framelits, Dimensionals

No comments: