Thursday, July 15, 2021

I'll Be There For You

Hey y'all!  How's it going?  Have you ever sat down to make something and you've got so many competing ideas in your head that it's hard to get even one out on paper?  That's what happened to me today.  I have so many awesome challenges that I want to play in that it was hard to focus enough to choose what to do first.  But here's what I ended up with:

Biggest Wish is a brand new stamp set and we're going to be friends; Flower Patch is an old retired set and we're still friends :)  For the sketch I used (more on that in a minute), I needed a big, bold focal point, and Flower Patch was a natural choice for that.  I also dragged out some long-retired DSP.  The sentiment strip is up on Dimensionals, and the flower is up on an additional layer of Dimensionals.  This card happens to be going in a package so I didn't have to worry about keeping things flat for the post office.

This is for two challenges.  First up is Festive Friday:


I chose to use a friendship sentiment, rhinestones, and pink (Polished Pink looks dark in my photo but I promise it's pink!).  I chose the purple and yellow colors because I was thinking of the door of Monica's apartment on the TV show Friends; plus Highland Heather and Daffodil Delight look pretty good with Polished Pink.  Next up is the awesome sketch from As You See It:

I did opt to put my sentiment on the long skinny panel rather than on top of the focal point.  And for some reason I could not get the DSP layer on my card straight...oh well, I'll chalk that up to the charms of being handmade!

Okay, I'd better skedaddle back to my craft room and see if I can channel some creative chaos into cards.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flower Patch, Biggest Wish
Ink:  Polished Pink, Highland Heather, Night of Navy
Paper:  Highland  Heather, Thick Basic White, Beyond the Garden DSP
Accessories:  Flower Fair Framelits, Rectangles Stitched Dies, rhinestones, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

4 comments:

Heather Cooper said...

Great colour choices, Christy, and that flower is the perfect focal point! I also love your choice of sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It Challenges.

Beth McCullough said...

Awesome card Christy! I love that you mix the new with the old making great use of your card making stash :) Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge.

Melva Peters said...

What a pretty card! Thanks for sharing in Festive Friday Challenges!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Congratulations, Christy! Your fabulous project was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. Please hop over to the challenge blog to grab your winner's badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again soon!