Thursday, July 8, 2021

Thanks, Chickadee

Hey y'all!  With being out of town for the holiday weekend and then working Tuesday and Wednesday, today was my first chance to stamp in a week.  I only got one card made, but I think it turned out nicely and it's for four different challenges, so that ain't too bad!


This would have been a fairly quick card if it weren't for fussy cutting the bird image.  Coloring it in took a little time too, but it was definitely the cutting that made this time consuming :)  Check out this week's Color Throwdown:


I used So Saffron/Crushed Curry, Smoky Slate, and Memento Tuxedo Black for my colors, with a little bit of Ivory, Petal Pink, and Soft Sea Foam on the bird image.  I went with a thank you sentiment for the Inspire. Create challenge:


One can always use more thank you cards, am I right?  I chose the birds for the Global Design Project theme challenge:


Plus I thought the birds would stand in nicely for the three diamond shapes on this week's Freshly Made Sketch since they kinda overlap a bit:


At first I was trying to put the sentiment underneath the birds, but in the end I decided it worked better above and to the left a bit.  I cut out the cloud border from the Basic Borders dies and used it as a mask for some subtle clouds behind the birds; it actually looks a bit better in real life than in the photo (I could not get it to show up right in a picture).  The birds are popped up on Dimensionals, but this will still go through the post office machines no problem, which is always a plus.

Hope you're having a good week, peeps.  I'm going to see if I can get anything else done before I have to pick up the spawn...cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Free as a Bird, Stacked Stone
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Smoky Slate, Crushed Curry, Stampin' Blends in Smoky Slate, So Saffron, Petal Pink, Soft Sea Foam, and Ivory
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Dimensionals, Basic Borders dies

3 comments:

Tanya said...

It's beautiful!!

Wanda Cullen said...

I love this timeless bird image! Such a beautiful take on the Throwdown colors!

Karren said...

This is beautiful! Such a wonderful image and so beautifully coloured! Great job combining these challenges! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.