Friday, July 16, 2021

Snail Mail

Mornin', y'all!  I did NOT want to get up this morning--I didn't sleep too well last night and I am having issues with allergies lately.  Moving at a snail's pace this morning and I was very grateful that today's workout was yoga and not cardio :)


Oh hey look, there's another snail!  I resisted this stamp set bundle and its coordinating DSP mightily, but then I saw one particular card by Brian King and oops, that snail suite came to my house.  I only made two cards yesterday, but I did make other progress--I have so many die sets and punches now that it can be challenging to remember the name of the dies that go with a particular stamp set, so I got some Avery stick-on labels and I wrote the name of the die set and stuck it on the inside of the stamp case.  I only did the dies yesterday (which still took probably a couple of hours) and I'll just slowly work on marking the coordinating punches.

Anyway!  Back to the card.  I loved this week's Color Throwdown (don't I say that every week?):


I used Night of Navy, Pool Party, Just Jade, and Magenta Madness for my colors.  I wanted to do Coastal Cabana, but there aren't any coordinating Blends for that, so that's why I subbed in Pool Party.  I paired that with the sketch from CAS Colours & Sketches:

Once again I used Watercolor Shapes for the square/diamond shape as a backdrop for my snail.  I colored in the heart on his snail mail with Magenta Madness, and once I added the greeting in the same color I had to add a few Enamel Dots to complete the visual triangle.

I'd better go get cleaned up so I can get Ryan to daycare and then I'm going to try to be productive today.  Well, I was productive yesterday, but I hope to create more stuff today rather than doing organization and housekeeping my craft room ;p  Peace out, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Snailed It, Watercolor Shapes
Ink:  Pool Party, Night of Navy, Stampin' Blends in Pool Party, Just Jade, Magenta Madness
Paper:  Just Jade, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Snail dies, Dimensionals, In Color Enamel Dots

2 comments:

Holly's Handmade Card said...

Such a cute card! Love it and thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S!

JulieP said...

This is just adorable!!! Such a cute take on this week's sketch. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S challenge blog!