Thursday, July 22, 2021

Unconventional Bees

Unconventional Bees is my next new band name, what do you think?  As it happens, I have two cards to share today with unconventional bees.


It irks me regularly that we don't have Coastal Cabana Stampin' Blends.  I know we have Bermuda Bay, but it is just not the same...I colored the bee's wings with a regular ol' marker and then I covered them with lots of Wink of Stella to draw attention away from how the marker coloring looked :p  I was inspired to ink up the long-retired Pun Intended stamp set thanks to the Paper Players theme challenge:


I like to check out a bunch of challenges at once and sometimes multiple challenges get stuck together in my head, which is how I ended up with a bee with colors not found in nature.  I found this combination in the Global Design Project color challenge:


I love these colors together and I thought they'd make a fun and different bee card.  This is actually the second card I made for these two challenges, but I wasn't sure how much I liked my first card:


For one thing, my Night of Navy ink pad is ridiculously juicy right now so these images weren't quite as crisp.  I still need more practice with the blending brushes, too.

That's it for me today, y'all.  Have a good 'un!

Supplies, first card:
Stamps:  Pun Intended
Ink:  Night of Navy, Coastal Cabana, Polished Pink, Polished Pink Stampin' Blends
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy, Thick Basic White, Coastal Cabana DSP
Accessories:  Hippo & Friends dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

Supplies, second card:
Stamps:  Pun Intended
Ink:  Night of Navy, Coastal Cabana, Polished Pink Stampin' Blends
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Circle punch, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Two fabulous bee cards Christy! Love the pink bees as it is so uniquely different! Very smart and creative choice! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players.

Ida said...

Both your cards are cute and fun. Loving the different color combo.

LeAnne said...

I love them both! Fun way to use the colors and the first one uses my favorite sketch! But I really like the simplicity of the second one as well! Both are cute! Thanks for sharing these with us at the Paper Players for my CAS bee challenge!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love the fun color combo! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!