Thursday, July 1, 2021

Seeing Stars

Mornin' y'all and HEYYYY IT'S JULY!  That means we're halfway done with 2021 already.  Isn't that crazy?  July also means there's a spate of birthdays in my immediate friends & family--both my parents, my uncle (my dad is a twin), my SIL, several friends.  So I need birthday cards now, and I whipped up a super quick one.  Anyone else notice that "fast" seems to be a theme for me lately?


All these July birthday people really like stars and stripes stuff, so that was an obvious choice for a theme when I saw the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge:


I haven't used the Stitched Stars dies very much so it was nice to bust them out for this card.  I still had the Tasteful Labels dies out from working on something else, and I thought that shape would make a good backdrop for my silver stars.  I found a birthday sentiment I liked in the recently retired Seaside Notions stamp set and voila!  All done.

Have a great day, y'all!  And enjoy the holiday weekend.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Seaside Notions
Ink:  Real Red
Paper:  Thick Basic White, silver foil, retired Pacific Point DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Stars dies, Tasteful Labels dies

No comments: