Tuesday, July 27, 2021

National Lighthouse Day

Mornin' kids, how's it going today?  You may have noticed that I've been having a lot of fun lately playing with my retired stamps rather than just what's new (though who doesn't love new stuff?).  I don't have any SU! customers and no one I send cards to is going to notice or care if the stamps I use are retired :)  And it's great when a challenge comes up and I have the perfect stamp for it!  Like, for instance, the new Festive Friday challenge:


As soon as I saw the inspo list I knew which stamp set to use.  Here's my card:


Pretty sure I acquired Coast to Coast in my first year or two of stamping, so it is now at least fifteen years old and guess what, it still works :p  I kept my card super simple--with an image that big, it kinda limits layout ideas so I went with a classic and just tore the bottom edges of my main image panel and mat because I like that look.  From the challenge inspo list, I used a lighthouse, water (water on the image plus I watercolored it, so I had *literal* water on it), blue, and red.  I was going to put some twine on there but I forgot.

We spent a week in Maine in 2019 and I need to get those photos scrapped.  It was gorgeous!  And we did see multiple lighthouses while we were there, too.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Coast to Coast
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Tip Top Taupe, Sahara Sand, Ruby Red, Terracotta Tile, Soft Succulent
Paper:  Blue Bayou, Tip Top Taupe, Thick Basic White, Ruby Red DSP
Accessories:  Dimensionals

Oh yeah, guess what?  The Festive Friday team chose my card as one of their faves for the last challenge.  Thanks, y'all!



3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What a lovely card, Christy! This is such a pretty image. I can see why you have kept it in your stash all these years. It is absolutely perfect for this week's challenge. I love that you kept everything simple, allowing the image to be the star of the show. Thank you so much for playing at Festive Friday this week!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love to resurrect old stash too! This is a GORGEOUS image, and you've colored it beautifully. I love the effect of the torn paper on the bottom, and I love the background paper and red "sash" as well. Thanks so much fro playing at Festive Friday.

Helen Jennings said...

What a lovely card. Some stamp sets are just meant to be treasured. The torn edge is a great feature as it is reminiscent of waves crashing against rocks. Thanks for joining us at th e Festive Friday Challenge this week.