Friday, July 2, 2021

Turtle Power

Hey y'all!  Happy Friday and happy birthday to my mom!  I stayed up way too late last night making a card because I finally got NEW STUFF and I just couldn't wait any more to bust it open and make something.  Seriously, my new catty order took TWENTY-SEVEN DAYS to get here after it shipped from SU!  Felt like forever, and then the box arrived covered in some kind of stinky lotion or something.  Lucky for me that almost everything in the box was wrapped in plastic or else cleanable.

Anyway, new stamps!!

I am an absolute sucker for animal stamp sets!  I've bought several retired ones lately like Yukon, Cold Weather Friends, Wolf, and Wilderness Reserve, and I got Turtle Friends and the new big cats stamp set on my first order from the new catalog.  I had to use this turtle for the Color Throwdown:




I used Gorgeous Grape, Bermuda Bay, and Granny Apple Green for my colors, love this combination!  And here is this week's Freshly Made Sketch:




I made my card the standard A2 size because I just don't like making square cards, which I realize makes me strange but I don't care.  I used another new stamp set, Watercolor Shapes, for the square behind my turtle.  That stamp set doesn't look like anything special but I think I'll be using it on the regular for things like this--it's standing in for a layer on the sketch.  Fun, right?

Anyway, I'd better get my workout done and get ready for the day.  Hope you have a great holiday weekend, peeps, and stay safe!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Turtle Friends, Watercolor Shapes
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Turtle Punch, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Well now this little guy is as cute as can be! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jacquie Southas said...

Totally adorable image and perfect for the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Wanda Cullen said...

This turtle stamp is so adorable! What a fun birthday card! Thanks for joining us at CTD!