Saturday, July 17, 2021

Bamboozled

Hey y'all!  I couldn't let this week's Freshly Made Sketch pass me by so here's the card I made yesterday:



As soon as I saw the new SU! catalog, I knew I'd be getting Bamboo Beauty on my first order.  I'm pretty much a sucker for any Asian-inspired stamp sets since we lived in Japan for a couple of years.  Plus it's just so pretty!  Here's the sketch I used:


I should have stamped the sentiment up a leetle bit higher, oops.  For the rectangular panel, I inked up one of my acrylic blocks with Sahara Sand ink and then because my ink pad is still very, very juicy, I used a sponge to pick up the excess ink before I stamped it.  Then I just stamped the bamboo and sentiment on top of it, easy peasy.  I'm loving the color combination of Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen, and Sahara Sand!

Okay, I've got to get several boxes ready to ship out today so I'd better get started.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Bamboo Beauty
Ink:  Sahara Sand, Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen
Paper:  Soft Succulent, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  acrylic block used as a stamp

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love the beautiful simplicity of this card....and the wonderful sentiment! Glad you shared it at FMS!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great sentiment! Love the simple layering of stamps. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the simple layering of stamps and this great sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Ida said...

This is wonderful.

Tanya said...

This is beautiful! I really like your color choices!