Friday, January 14, 2022

Floral Encouragement

Mornin' y'all!  Had the day off yesterday and I did spend hours in my craft room, though I didn't get done with everything I wanted to.  I got distracted because I got half of my Sale-a-Bration/Occasions catalog order :)  I have LOTS of stuff to play with and this was only half of it, haha!  I did ink up a brand new stamp set for today's card:


The sentiment is from Arctic Bears that just retired with the Holiday catalog; I bought it because I have a friend who loooooves polar bears but I hadn't even inked it up before it retired.  Anyway, the flower  image is from the new Flowing Flowers, which is unusual in that it is *not* in a bundle with a punch or set of dies and no DSP or anything associated with it.  I inked up the stamp with sponge daubers and stamped it directly on my card front, but the flower ended up looking kinda muddy for some reason so I stamped it with just Daffodil Delight ink on a bit of scrap paper and fussy cut it so I could salvage the card front.  I did add a bit more sponging on the original flower before I added the layer, and I added Wink of Stella to make the flower sparkle a bit too.

My colors are courtesy of the Color Throwdown:


I used Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, and Old Olive.  Next up is this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I decided to keep it very CAS this week.  Finally, I chose the sentiment to fit with the Make the Cards Challenge theme:


Always good to have some encouragement cards in the stash.  I have quite a few sentiments that would fit the bill for this, it took me a while to choose exactly which one to use.

Hope you have a great weekend, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flowing Flowers, Arctic Bears
Ink:  Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Smoky Slate, Old Olive
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Matte Decorative Dots, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

9 comments:

Tanya said...

This is beautiful! Love the simple look, even tho it was time consuming.

Linda Callahan said...

Such a pretty flower - sweet colors! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Darlene said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Love the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Allisa said...

Inking up new stamps is so fun! Great CAS card. You did a fabulous job combining the challenges! Thanks for playing with us at Make the Cards Challenge!

Melanie Hungerford said...

Your CAS card is so pretty, and what a lovely sentiment to go with our challenge. Thanks for playing along at Make the Cards!

Jen Timko said...

What a beauty! This is a gorgeous image for the sketch. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Anna said...

What a beautiful card. The soft floral image in the corner and encouraging sentiment are both amazing. Thank you for sharing with us at Make the Cards Challenge and we hope you join us again soon!
Anna, Design Team

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Isn't this ironic? LOL. Simply beautiful card. I always love everything that you create! Thank you so much for joining us at MakeTheCardsChallenge.com and hope that you join us again for our next challenge on Wednesday, January 26, with a new theme!

Ceal said...

This is beautiful, just my style. Thanks for joining us at MTCC