Tuesday, January 18, 2022

SUO Challenges: Otterly CAS

 Mornin' stampy friends!  Are you ready for a new challenge from SUO Challenges?


Our challenge this time around is to make a Clean & Simple (CAS) card.  Sometimes I find that challenging (pun intended), but this time around I had an idea pop into my head immediately.  Check it out:


This looks similar to the Freshly Made Sketch from last week, but as it happens I stamped this card *weeks* ago!  Awesome Otters was the first stamp set I had to get from the Sale-a-Bration catalog, it's adorable.  I stamped the otter and colored him, masked him with a Post-It Note, and then used a blending brush to create the Coastal Cabana shading around him.  I used a marker to add some shading, and then added a bit of shine with some Wink of Stella.  His party hat was stamped on a scrap piece of paper, colored, and then I just adhered it right on top of his lil head.  Once I had stamped the sentiment on a strip of Coastal Cabana cardstock, my card was done!

Let's see your CAS creations at the SUO Challenges blog, and have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Awesome Otters
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Coastal Cabana, Stampin' Blends in Poppy Parade, So Saffron, Cinnamon Cider, & Ivory
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Coastal Cabana
Accessories:  Wink of Stella

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Adorable and perfectly CAS Christy!

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

This is so perfectly and colorful CAS. Great touch with your ink blending!

laurie said...

Super cute CAS card!!