Thursday, January 27, 2022

Ladybug Me Anytime

Morning peeps!  It's been a busy week at work but my schedule allows me to come home for about an hour before I have to go pick Ryan up, so I've been trying to use that time to stamp a quick card.  And I got to play with some new stamps!

I knew I'd have to get the Hello Ladybug bundle as soon as I saw it :)  It didn't photograph well, but I unearthed my very old collection of Stickles and put silver glitter on the ladybug's spots.  I paired my sparkly ladybug with the Simply Marbleous DSP from the SAB brochure; I got the idea from the Sunday Stamps color challenge:


I used Real Red and then Smoky Slate and Basic Gray for my gray shades.  That Simply Marbleous paper reminds me of the old, old patterned paper I used to buy when I very first started scrapbooking over 25 years ago, especially the satin sides.  I probably won't use the satin sides much :p but I'm okay with the marbley patterns.  Anywha, this card came together super fast thanks to the CAS Colours & Sketches sketch:



I thought I needed a squee bit more red so I added three red hearts from Penguin Place to the bottom corner.

Hope you're having a good week!

Supplies, almost all SU!
Stamps:  Hello Ladybug, Penguin Place
Ink:  Basic Gray, Real Red
Paper:  Thick Basic White, Simply Marbleous DSP Stack
Accessories:  Ladybug Builder Punch, Dimensionals, silver Stickles

6 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, a perfect matchup, and spot on for our colors, too! Love this Christy - great take on that sketch! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That sparkly ladybird is just the sweetest Christy! Love the subtle paper for the bottom section too. Thanks for playing along with my sketch over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week!

stampwithamyk said...

That's too cute! Love that ladybug. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Melissa Grant said...

Sweet lady bug and you combined the sketches wonderfully! Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

Now that is how you bring a ladybug to life! Well done. I love the subtle gray patterned paper. The little hearts are a cute addition as well. Thanks for joining us at CC&S.

Michal said...

So cute! I love the sweet ladybug as the main focus, great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us this week at CC&S!