Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Hot Chocolate Kind of Day

Mornin' y'all!  How's your week going?  Yesterday morning when I left to go to work, I discovered that we had freezing fog, so there was a rime of frost/ice on everything and it was foggy still.  Makes the trees look magical :) and it's also COLD.  So my card for today is all kinds of appropriate!


I bought a couple of stamp sets from Newton's Nook a couple months ago and finally busted out this one out; it's called Cup of Cocoa.  I got the coordinating dies too but I didn't use them today.

I liked the color challenge from The Card Concept:


I used Cherry Cobbler, Shaded Spruce, and Early Espresso for my colors, which just so happened to all be on a piece of the retired Wrapped in Plaid DSP stack (along with Crumb Cake).  I'm going to say my card is in the Clean & Layered style.

I used the sketch from Fusion:


I also kept the coffee/drink theme, but what can I say, I like to use COLORS on my cards and the inspiration pic is a lot of neutrals ;)

Hope you're staying toasty warm, peeps!  I think I'll go make myself a nice cuppa tea...

Supplies:
Stamps:  Cup of Cocoa from Newton's Nook
Ink:  Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Stampin' Blends in Cherry Cobbler, Shaded Spruce, Crumb Cake, Ivory, Bronze
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Thick Basic White, Wrapped in Plaid DSP Stack, Neutrals DSP Stack
Accessories:  Rectangles Stitched dies, Stitched Shapes dies, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I do love that plaid backdrop! Cozy card! Glad you shared it at Fusion!

Laurie Unger said...

Lovely plaid background for the hot chocolate! Thanks for sharing this over at the Fusion Card Challenge.

Esther Asbury said...

Love the plaid background on this sweet card! Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept!