Sunday, January 16, 2022

Paper Players: Winter Animals

 Happy Sunday, stampy friends, and get ready for a new challenge from the Paper Players!


Not gonna lie, I was really tempted to fussy cut some animals from the Penguin Playmates DSP (one of my all-time favorite DSP packs!) but instead I decided to go with the Penguin Place stamp set.


I even busted out the penguin punch too!  For the background, I stamped the curvy line on a Post-It Note, cut along it, and used it as a mask while adding ink with a blending brush.  Simple and effective!  Originally that was supposed to be directly on the card base, but somehow I got a big ol' splotch of ink on the top of the card, so I had to trim it down a bit and add an extra layer here.  It's still CAS though.

Hope you enjoy this challenge even half as much as I did!  Don't forget to add your card to the Paper Players blog.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Penguin Place
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Polished Pink, Mango Melody, Balmy Blue
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Penguin Builder Punch, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, your little penguin is adorable. We had the same thought on animals! Your sentiment is so sweet! Thank you for making my challenge shine this week!

Ann Schach said...

An adorable CAS card, Christy! This is such a sweet little penguin. Your blending is absolutely perfect...what great technique you have! Your coolest friend ever will LOVE getting this card in the mail. Have an amazing week!

LeAnne said...

Good save on the ink splotch (been there, done that) and your cute little penguin looks quite happy on his snow bank! Adorable!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your cute penguin is adorable Christy and your sponged skyline so effective. I love it!

Cindy Beach said...

A super sweet clean and simple card, with the coolest penguin ever! A great design, Christy.

laurie said...

Cute image and design...love it!

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, such a cute snowy background! Perfect for the cute penguin too!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Supe cute and I love how the pink just pops on this one, Christy! the shaded sky looks awesome, too.