Friday, January 28, 2022

Hydrangea Valentine

Happy Friday, y'all!  How has your week been going?  I think I'm still sleepy from the night earlier this week when I woke up at 3:45 and couldn't get back to sleep, ugh.  It's been kind of a weird schedule this week too since I've been working until 3, then rushing home to work in my craft room for about 30 minutes before heading back out to pick Ryan up from daycare.  I don't like feeling rushed when I'm crafting, ya know?  But I did make a card yesterday.

I am calling this a Valentine because why should roses be the only flowers on Valentines?  So it fits with the Global Design Project theme:

I also used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


I did make my card the standard A2 card size rather than square, because I don't *like* making square cards.  I realize I may be in the minority with that opinion but that's okay.  Last up, I used the color challenge from the Color Throwdown:


This color palette immediately made me think of the Hydrangea Hill DSP from last year's Occasions catalog, so I used Rococo Rose, Highland Heather, and Mossy Meadow for my colors.

Gotta get ready to go to work.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hydrangea Haven
Ink:  Early Espresso, Rococo Rose, Mossy Meadow, Highland Heather
Paper:  Highland Heather, Thick Basic White, Hydrangea Hill DSP
Accessories:  Hydrangea dies, Highland Heather ribbon, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

3 comments:

Lori said...

Such a pretty design! I think any flowers work for Valentine's Day! And, I agree with you--not a big fan of making square cards here, either. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Jen Mitchell said...

I agree that Valentines don't always need to be about roses. Hydrangeas are a favorite of mine so I think this is just lovely. I love the color combo. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karren said...

Beautiful card and such a gorgeous flower! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.