Monday, June 27, 2022

Cornwall

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  I am still very impatiently awaiting the arrival of my latest SU! order so I can continue scrapping the series I'm working on right now.  I came up to a set of pictures and realized that I neeeeeeeeed Starry Sky for the page base and this box is taking its sweet time to get to me.

In the meantime, here's a layout I finished fairly recently.  I often try to post scrapbook pages that are more or less seasonal, but it looks like I've got a ton of draft posts for fall/Christmas pages and almost nothing for summertime.  Well, these pics were taken in April in England, and that's what I've got for today!


Pretty sure I never got these pictures up on my other blog when we took the trip in 2012.  Our British neighbors, Mark and Ness, would do trips about twice a year with a group of friends.  They had already booked this massive house in Cornwall when half their group had to back out, so they invited Lee and me to go with them.  We could only stay for 3 days but we made the most of it, driving to St. Micheal's Mount (obviously not the French one), eating lunch in Penzance (sadly there were no pirates), going to Land's End (westernmost point in England), and visiting an awesome open-air theater on the coast.  I love Cornwall, it's gorgeous.  And that blue color on the water?  I didn't edit the photos, that's what it looked like in real life!


Today's color palette:  Dapper Denim, Raspberry Ripple, Tip Top Taupe, Garden Green, and Whisper White.  I was feelin' the past In Colors on this layout.  Man, I wish I could get unlimited supplies in every color SU! has ever had when I want them...every once in a while I just *need* one of the super old random colors, even the super bright Yoyo Yellow or Only Orange.  Ah, well.  Occasionally I find cardstock or ink refills on eBay, I guess that will have to do.  Thank goodness I got a Concord Crush ink refill recently, I needed that for my most recent layout!

Cheers, y'all.  I'm going to do some work planning for some upcoming trips...and then I'll have MORE pictures to scrap!  Never-ending cycle : )

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Spencerian Alphabet Upper & Lower
Ink:  Garden Green, Dapper Denim marker
Paper:  Dapper Denim, Raspberry Ripple, Tip Top Taupe, Thick Basic White, Raspberry Ripple DSP, Artistry Blooms DSP
Accessories:  None

1 comment:

Cindy Beach said...

OOOhhhh, so beautiful! You have certainly gotten the most of your time in Europe, gosh, I'd love to see Cornwall! Love your page, Christie.