Tuesday, June 7, 2022

SUO Challenges: Flowers

Happy Tuesday y'all!  And this week it's time for a new challenge from SUO Challenges :)


Our theme this time is flowers.  Easy peasy, right?  I decided to use Flowing Flowers this time, as it didn't carry over to the annual catalog so it will retire at the end of this month.  It will always have a place in my collection though!


I kept things super simple this time to keep the focus on the flowers and sentiment.  I stamped the background panel tone-on-tone with Fresh Freesia and the main image flower with the same ink on Whisper White.  Of course you can't tell from the photo, but I covered the big flower with Wink of Stella.  My biggest difficulty with this card was choosing what my accent color should be.  I tried a bunch of options before landing on Pool Party, and then I used Gray Granite for the sentiment.  This will be going to my friend who is battling stage 4 metastatic breast cancer.

Upload your floral card creation at the SUO Challenges blog and let's turn the gallery into a delightful paper garden!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Flowing Flowers
Ink:  Fresh Freesia, Gray Granite
Paper:  Pool Party, Fresh Freesia, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

3 comments:

Heather said...

I really love this set, too - a sleeper hit, IMO, lol. Love it in Fresh Freesia - gorgeous! It looks awesome with Pool Party!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this set too - and the sentiments are so different! Love the fresh colour choices too.

Lesley's Stampin Trix said...

Love the simplicity and colour choice of this card Christy. I always forget to use stamps to create a background. Thanks for reminding me!