Thursday, June 30, 2022

Hyacinth Hippo

Well, I got my SU! order late Monday afternoon and I've already busted out a couple of the new stamp sets (though one card you won't see 'till later as it's for a design team).  Today it's time for Hippest Hippos from the new Sale-a-Bration catalog.


Meet Hyacinth.  She's named after the dancing hippo on Disney's Fantasia : )  Can't see it in the picture, but I put Wink of Stella on her tutu because a tutu should be sparkly, don't you agree?

I used this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


And the Color Throwdown:


That made for a pretty quick card!  I used Bermuda Bay and Gorgeous Grape for the colors; the Highland Heather Stampin' Blends were close enough to Gorgeous Grape.  I grabbed some scraps of retired DSP for the layers and had this card done in under 15 minutes easy.

And now it's time for me to go back upstairs and see if I can finish off the scrapbook pages I was working on yesterday.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hippest Hippos
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Gorgeous Grape
Paper:  Gorgeous Grape, Thick Basic White, Bermuda Bay & Gorgeous Grape DSP
Accessories:  Hippo dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Wink of Stella, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

How adorable. Love your "purple hippo.

Kim S said...

Such a cute images - so fun with the polka dots, stripes and colors that you used. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors!! Love sparkly tutus!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!