Sunday, June 26, 2022

Sketchy Series for the Paper Players

Hey stampy friends!  Ready for a wonderful new sketch from the Paper Players?  I hope so, because it's coming at you right now!


Isn't that a great sketch?  Here's what I made:


Yep, still obsessed with Artfully Layered, the coordinating dies and papers.  Better hurry up and grab 'em before they retire on July 1!  I thought this sketch was a great way to showcase a couple of  patterned papers together, and after I made this card I just couldn't resist trying out the sketch with some other papers.  I, uh, made several more cards with the sketch :)


Here's the Butterfly Kisses DSP stack in action, sentiment courtesy of Simply Fabulous (don't you love that font?!).  My biggest problem was narrowing down which butterfly to cut out and what papers to use for the layers of the sketch.


Next up, I used the He's the Man specialty paper to make this one, no stamps required.  The hubs and I have talked about getting an RV or something and spending a year or two traveling around the US after he retires.  Don't know if we'll do that if gas prices continue to be so astronomical, though.


You know I wouldn't leave out Cup of Tea and the coordinating Tea Boutique DSP stack!


Finally, I was able to squeak out just one more quick card with the Design a Daydream DSP that's a host option.  I don't like this card quite as well as the other ones, but by the time I got to this one I was in a rush and didn't have time to add a stamped image or some embellishments.  I do like the giant floral pattern though.

If y'all like this sketch even half as much as I did, then the Paper Players gallery is going to be full of beautiful cards this week!  Have fun and get inky!

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )



Supplies, Artfully Composed card:
Stamps:  Artfully Layered
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Just Jade
Paper:  Just Jade, Thick Basic White, Artfully Composed DSP
Accessories:  Tropical Layers dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, sequins from a past Paper Pumpkin kit

Supplies, Butterfly Kisses card:
Stamps:  Simply Fabulous
Ink:  Starry Sky
Paper:  Fresh Freesia, Thick Basic White, Butterfly Kisses DSP
Accessories:  Potted Succulents dies, Dimensionals

Supplies, He's the Man card:
Stamps:  None
Ink:  None
Paper:  Sahara Sand, He's the Man DSP
Accessories:  He's the Man die cut shapes, Dimensionals

Supplies, Tea Boutique card:
Stamps:  Cup of Tea
Ink:  Starry Sky, Stampin' Blends in Fresh Freesia & Parakeet Party
Paper:  Fresh Freesia, Thick Basic White, Tea Boutique DSP Stack
Accessories:  Teacup dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals

Supplies, Design a Daydream card:
Stamps:  Flowing Flowers
Ink:  Blackberry Bliss
Paper:  Petal Pink, Thick Basic White, Design a Daydream DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, I love all your cards! Isn't it great to knock out a bunch with a great sketch to show off all the DSP?!? Have a great week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Look at ALL of these amazing cards! I love how you used this sketch to create all of these fabulous cards. I can't pick a favorite!

Tanya said...

Wow! So much fun to feature such a variety! I think my favorite is the RV card.

Cindy Beach said...

WOW! You sure did this sketch proud!! I love them all, but the butterfly is my favorite. Such pretty cards!

laurie said...

Wow!! I love them all!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, Christy! What a fabulous collection of cards! Each one showcases the designer papers perfectly. I LOVE them all. Great job with the sketch!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love it when you can see a ton of different ways to use a sketch - especially when I designed the sketch lol! This is a fabulous collection of cards Christie and I love the versatility (and all of the different papers lol!) Great job!!

Jaydee said...

WOW, Christie. What a wonderful way to showcase this sketch! I love how you showcased all those gorgeous papers!
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Fabulous cards, Christy! I just love all of the different looks showcasing the different stamps and colors! WOW!