Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Woman

Ever make a card that you feel requires an explanation?


Like, why am I making a spider-riffic card in pink and yellow when we're nowhere close to Halloween?  Wellllll, when my parents were here last November, my mom saw a pair of spider earrings that she liked but she didn't buy them.  She asked me to get them if we went back to Heidelberg, which we did last week, so now I have spider earrings to send her and of course I needed a spider card to go with them, right?  I looked through all my Halloween stamps and found my spider, and then that creepy sentiment just made me laugh because my mom knows how much I hate spiders!

Also I was inspired by the Festive Friday challenge, which has nothing to do with spiders:


So from the list, my card is feminine (debatable; I'm saying it's a girl spider), it has pink, sparkle (even sparkly pink!), patterned paper, embossing, and swirls (on the spider and the patterned paper).  I was absolutely sure I had some sort of pink swirly patterned paper and after much searching, I found this one from the long-retired Sweet & Sour DSP pack.  Well, I found that scrap, which I then built my card around.  I have one more scrap of that pattern left, and it's 6 inches long and only a half an inch wide.  I used up some scraps of Crushed Curry DSP too and found the pink rhinestones in my stash.


Those are the earrings in question.  The amber spider bodies were my inspiration for using Crushed Curry, I figured it was close enough to the amber color and I have Crushed Curry embossing powder, so that worked.  And Crushed Curry looks good with Regal Rose, my retired pink color.

Have a great, non-creepy day, y'all!

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  From the Crypt, Boo to You
Ink:  Versamark
Paper:  Basic Gray, Sweet & Sour DSP, Crushed Curry DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Crushed Curry DSP, Noble Peacock rhinestones, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love your unique card, and it's perfect to go with those spider earrings! Great use of all those things from our Inspo List. Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

Tanya said...

haha....icky and cool all at once! Good job!
I seriously hate spiders too. But just borrowed a spider stamp from my mom too! haha!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

What a fun card! Love the colors and papers you used. Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge.

Jaydee said...

Pink and mustard - definitely a feminine spider! I love the colors, the texture and the placement of the rhinestones! Fabulous card Christy. So glad you shared it with us at Festive Friday. Oh, and by the way... that's what I love about this challenge - how everyone interprets the inspo list so differently!
Jaydee