Saturday, June 25, 2022

Friendly Cherries

Surprise Saturday post!  Had to play along with a couple of challenges and since I have cherries on the brain this week...


Our neighbors joined us one evening this week and we picked a bunch of cherries off the tree in our yard, and then I spent HOURS pitting, chopping, and freezing them, about 16 cups worth when it was all said and done.  Today I'll be making a cherry pie and tomorrow I'm going to experiment with cherry muffins.  Anyway, knowing that we have that cherry tree in our yard, of course I had to buy Sweetest Cherries when the new catalog was released.  So for today's card, I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches:


I rotated the sketch to the left 90 degrees, because I just don't like sentiments going vertically like that.  Personal preference.

The Color Throwdown inspiration photo had different berries:


I used Real Red, Polished Pink, Daffodil Delight, and Granny Apple Green for my cherry card.  Where's the red, you may ask?  Well, I inked up the cherry stamp with Polished Pink, and then used a sponge dauber to add some red ink for some color variation.  I promise I used all the colors : )

I'm off, peeps.  I've got to go to work for a few hours today so the hubs is entertaining Ryan.  Wish them luck!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sweetest Cherries
Ink:  Polished Pink, Real Red, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Starry Sky
Paper:  Granny Apple Green, Thick Basic White, Polished Pink DSP
Accessories:  Cherry Builder Punch, Stitched So Sweetly dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Jen Brum said...

This is a great card Christy! I love the bright and cheery colours and those sweet cherries! Love the background as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Sandee904 said...

What a fantastic card - I love the color combo! Sandy

Lynn Put said...

This is such a sweet card! I love how cute and cheerful it is! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Color Throwdown.

Broni said...

I love this fun card, Christy!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Karren said...

Wonderful card! And such a great idea to rotate the sketch - it creates such a different look. Those cherries look good enough to eat! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.