Sunday, June 19, 2022

One-Layer Whimsy for The Paper Players

Happy Sunday, stampy friends!  We're currently in the Netherlands checking out windmills and hopefully having a good time : ) but that won't stop me playing along with the Paper Players!


I suppose I could have made a windmill card for today but I wasn't thinking that far in advance.  So how 'bout a huggable horse?


For some reason, Peekaboo Farm just jumped out at me when I was perusing my stamp sets for this challenge.  I used the largest Stitched with Whimsy die to add a bit of interest (without adding layers) to the edges of the card, and then just stamped the scene directly on the card front, using the masking technique to put a cloud behind the horse's head.  A bit of coloring with Stampin' Blends and done!

Hope you'll give the one-layer challenge a try and upload your card over at the Paper Players blog.  Have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Peekaboo Farm
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Balmy Blue, Cajun Craze, Stampin' Blends in Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Ivory, Gray Granite, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Stitched with Whimsy dies

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )

9 comments:

LeAnne said...

Well, windmills or horses, either one would have been cute! Such a fun little card, I love it!

Cindy Beach said...

I love this, Christy! That cute horse is perfect to take center stage. Have fun, we loved the Netherlands!

laurie said...

So cute...love the stitching!

Jennie Maier said...

What a simply cute card Christy! Great coloring too! Have a great week!

Claire Broadwater said...

How fun! Love this little horse and the sweet sentiment! The stitching is perfect, too!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hope you had a wonderful time in the Netherlands! Love this adorable little horse card. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

How adorable is that little horse! Such a fabulous one layer wonder card.
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely adorable, Christy! The stone fence is colored so perfectly, while the Stitched with Whimsy frame adds such a sweet detail. I hope you enjoyed your time in The Netherlands. What fun!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Windmills aside (hope you got to photograph some great tulip fields for scrapbooking!) your sweet horse is great! I amost used this set too. Love the addition of the whimsy border (I always forget I have these!)