Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Starry Birthday

Mornin' y'all!  I have another red, white, and blue birthday card to share today, this one for my dad:


I busted out the retired set So Many Stars and the Stitched Stars dies for this one, and all I can say is there is a REASON I never used the stamp set with the dies before.  It *looks* like the stamp should line up with the die, but it's pretty much impossible to stamp the stars and then cut out with the die and have them be lined up correctly.  What I ended up doing was to stamp the stars on white, cut it out with the oval die, and then glue on the Starry Sky die cut on top, kind of squishing it around to make it line up right and hoping that I wasn't getting stray glue everywhere.  Pretty sure that's why the stamp set was current for just a short time but the dies stuck around for much longer; they were a pain to use together.

Anyway, I used the sketch from Sunday Stamps:


And the theme challenge from Cupcake Inspirations:


Since both of my parents have July birthdays, they both like stars and stripes stuff, so I kept the red-white-blue from the inspiration pic, using Starry Sky and Sweet Sorbet, with a Tahitian Tide card base.  I know I'm not the only one who's having so much fun with the new In Colors!

That's it for me today.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  So Many Stars, Peaceful Moments
Ink:  Tahitian Tide, Versamark
Paper:  Tahitian Tide, Starry Sky, Thick Basic White, Sweet Sorbet DSP
Accessories:  Stitched Stars dies, Stitched Shapes dies, Dimensionals

6 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Such a fun card! Love the red white and blue colors. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Heather said...

Hah, what a perfect set to use with our sketch - and great for CI, too, lol. Love your red white and blue theme - what a fun birthday card! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

dj said...

Love your patriotic take on our sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps...so glad you played along with us!!

Nora Noll said...

I love that fun star die cut and how you used the sketch on this card. Nice design. Thank you for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!!

Nora
CIC DT Member

Quillish said...

What a beautiful card! I love the pretty star diecut that you used, great take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations. Hugs ~ Ishani

Annette Elliott said...

What a great take on both challenges! I find it hard to create a red, white and blue card -unless for Independence day and you did a fantastic job for a birthday instead! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!