Thursday, June 23, 2022

Friday Flashback: Apple Blossoms

Friday Flashback on a Thursday!  It's been a while since I posted a Friday Flashback (whatever day of the week it happens to be posted), and yesterday I just could NOT settle in and make anything in my craft room, so now is a good time.  Today's set is Apple Blossoms, which was a hostess set in the 2010-2011 catalog.  I hadn't made a whole lot with this stamp set so this was a fun exercise for me.


I made these cards before Just Jade retired and I had fun playing with color combinations using it.  So here's Just Jade and Coastal Cabana.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Apple Blossoms
Ink:  Just Jade, Coastal Cabana
Paper:  Just Jade, Coastal Cabana, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Rectangles Stitched dies, Tasteful Labels dies, Dimensionals


Same basic layout for this card, and I kept the Just Jade card base and stamped the flower with Polished Pink and Daffodil Delight.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Apple Blossoms
Ink:  Just Jade, Polished Pink, Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy
Paper:  Just Jade, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Rectangles Stitched dies, mini Dimensionals, rhinestone


Thought I'd try something different with that tall, skinny stamp.  No Just Jade this time though :)

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Apple Blossoms
Ink:  Fresh Freesia, Coastal Cabana, Calypso Coral, Night of Navy
Paper:  Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Rose Garden dies, Dimensionals


Last card, this one using the apple stamp.  Apples always make me think of back to school stuff and teachers, and maybe I'm weird but I don't like the 4U thing on here.  I imagine teachers would dislike that kind of text shorthand and I think it's kinda annoying too ;) But I wanted to use the stamp anyway and I just made a mini square card.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Apple Blossoms
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade
Paper:  Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Mini Dimensionals, Daffodil Delight ribbon

That's it for me today, I'm heading upstairs and hoping that I can be more productive in my craft room today.  Cheers!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

hahaha, this is a cute set of cards and I like the colors. But then I laughed because I had the same thought at the apple - "OH. That's why I didn't get this set..." :)
I also really like this idea of revisiting less used stamp sets! You have good ideas, thank you for sharing!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the graphic style of this set - and totally agree with you about the 4U on the apple!!