Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Retro Red Rose

July means I need lots of birthday cards for my friends and family, so I gotta get crackin' this week!  First up is my mom's birthday on July 2, so here's her card:


She loves all things red, white, and blue, and the current Fusion challenge was perfect for her birthday card:


I love it when I see a challenge and immediately think "I have the perfect stamps for that!"  The inspo pic made me think of Stippled Blossoms right away, which was released before Stampin' Up! had dies for so many of their sets, so I fussy-cut the flower and leaves.  I rather enjoy a bit of fussy-cutting every now and again.  I used Sweet Sorbet and Cherry Cobbler for the flower, and busted out some retired shades for the leaves, namely Baja Breeze (still my favorite) and Not Quite Navy.  The sentiment is stamped in Midnight Muse for the darkest shade on the color palette.

My SU! order *finally* arrived yesterday so I need to go unpack it all and get to work on some scrapbook pages.  Woohoo!  Fun day ahead for me, hope your Tuesday is fun too!

Supplies, all SU! (many retired)
Stamps:  Stippled Blossoms, Perfectly Penned
Ink:  Sweet Sorbet, Cherry Cobbler, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Midnight Muse
Paper:  Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Thick Basic White, Walk in the Park DSP
Accessories:  Circles Collection Framelits, Dimensionals, In Color Matte Dots

4 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this Christy - so pretty and a lovely way to reminisce about that golden oldie set!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is beautiful Christy and such a lovely celebration of that 'oldie but goodie' stamp set.

Laurie Unger said...

What a lovely card for your Mom. I like the designer paper behind the flower. It adds a lot of interest. Thanks for sharing this over at Fusion!

_chevron2 said...

What a beautiful card-a fabulous take on both sketch & colors!!