Sunday, August 21, 2022

Come Sail Away with the Paper Players

Happy Sunday and welcome to a new Paper Players challenge!  This week's challenge is brought to you by Laurie:


At first I was planning to bust out The Open Sea for this challenge since it's got the old sailing vessel and other nautical images, but then I remembered that I also have Beware Pirates so pirate ship it is!


I bought the Waves of the Ocean DSP when it was on special and I hadn't cut into it before, but this seemed like the perfect opportunity to start using it!  I inked up the stamp with Versamark and then Night of Navy ink, stamped it directly on the patterned paper, and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Since I popped it up on Dimensionals, I die cut another of the Stylish Shapes from white cardstock to make it a bit more sturdy.  Some matte dots to accent and that's it!

Hope you'll have fun with this challenge too.  Later this week I'll share the first card I made for this challenge; I thought it wasn't quite CAS enough so I made this one.  Ya know what, that happens to be pretty frequently with CAS challenges, it's like I have to do one more complicated card and then I can do something that's more CAS.  Guess that's just how my brain works!  Don't forget to upload your nautical card at the Paper Players challenge blog.

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Beware Pirates
Ink:  Versamark, Night of Navy
Paper:  Tip Top Taupe, Night of Navy, Waves of the Ocean DSP
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, clear EP, matte dots, Dimensionals

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )

5 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, I love how you stamped and embossed on the dsp! Perfect for the nautical challenge! Have a great week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Love the Night of Navy on the Taupe card stock! The patterned paper is fabulous stamped with the Pirate ship! Great take on the theme this week!

Ann Schach said...

Ahoy, matey! I am absolutely loving this pirate ship, Christy! This designer paper is the best backdrop ever, and gives it a somewhat menacing pirate vibe! Awesome!

Cindy Beach said...

Christy, the blustery blues of the DP are a perfect fit for a pirate scene! So fun!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh, I'm right there with you with these CAS Challenges. Lol! I love how this card came out...and your original card is pretty cool too. I figure CAS means a little something different to everyone, so go with what feels good to you. That's my motto anyway! Have a great weekend! :)