Monday, August 29, 2022

Vicki

Scrappy Monday!  But first off, it's a big day today....


Ryan officially started kindergarten this morning!  The hubs and I dropped him off for his first day.  A week ago when we were at the dino park, we found another family whose little girl is in Ryan's class, so they played together at the dino park for several hours and glommed on to each other this morning.  They were holding hands when they joined their class's line to go in the building, so I think it helped both of them to know one other kid in the class right from the start.  Here's hoping their first day goes well!  No tears for Ryan (or me, haha!) though there was one kid who had a meltdown and was full-up hitting and kicking and trying to run away.  Glad that Ryan was much calmer about it than that.

Anyway, I've got to keep myself busy until it's time to meet Ryan's school bus this afternoon.  So let's get on with Scrappy Monday!


One of my more recent page finishes, this is when I met my friend Vicki in London one afternoon.  We started out as online friends and the first time we planned to meet up in person, our British neighbor was all like "You can't do that!  She's probably an elderly male axe murderer!" so after that I always refer to Vicki as "my online friend the axe murderer".  So of course I had to put that story in my scrapbooks, and there's a picture of the cross stitch I made for her too.


I really wanted to use purples on this layout because it's Vicki's favorite color, so today's color palette starts with Concord Crush and Lovely Lilac, with some Taken with Teal, Rose Red, Old Olive, and Whisper White to round out the colors.

And happy birthday to Vicki, her birthday is tomorrow!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Kimono (fan stamp, old SU! set), Coffee House Alphabet from Inkadinkado, Kokeshi Dolls from unknown manufacturer
Ink:  Versamark, Concord Crush
Paper:  Concord Crush, Lovely Lilac, Taken with Teal, Rose Red, Thick Basic White, Bali Breeze DSP
Accessories:  Ovals Collection Framelits, Layering Ovals dies, black EP

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Your layout is beautiful!
Hooray kindergarten!! Good luck!