Sunday, August 14, 2022

The Cutest Boo for the Paper Players

Mornin' stampy friends!  It's already time for another challenge from the Paper Players, and Anne Marie has a fun one for us this week.  Take a look:


Black and white with a pop of red is an absolute classic; or try yellow and bees for another goodie, but I wanted to do something different.  Finally I settled on ORANGE and made this:


I used last year's Halloween goodies because I am (im)patiently waiting for an order to get here with new Halloween schtuff.  The Cute Halloween DSP stack has lots of black and white patterns to choose from, and I managed to find three scraps big enough to accommodate a variation on a Freshly Made Sketch from last month.  Stamped and punched my ghost and pumpkin, easy peasy, and die-cut the sentiment, and then I added a bit of Wink of Stella (ghost's eyes, pumpkin's eyes and mouth, the letters) for a bit of shiny. 

So yep, I made a Halloween card in August and it's already gone out in the mail!  My friend Sarah who visited last week *loves* Halloween, it's her favorite holiday and that was even before her daughter was born on Halloween.  So after she flew back to the States, I mailed her this card to say how much we enjoyed having her here.  Yay for more cards in the mail!

Your turn next!  Pick your pop of color and share your creation at the Paper Players blog.  Most important, have fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Cutest Halloween
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Basic Black, Thick Basic White, Cutest Halloween DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Halloween punch, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )

7 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, perfect card for the color combo! I love the cute little orange pumpkin! Have a great week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, this is such a fun Halloween card. Such a fun holiday and sentiment! Perfect way to use the color combo!

LeAnne said...

This was the cutest paper and I think I used up almost all of mine!! Such fun images and an adorable card. Love the pop of orange...that pumpkin just makes me grin!

Cindy Beach said...

Awww, this is adorable! Your orange pumpkin is the perfect "pop", LOL. Great sketch!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is such an adorable card, Christy! The "pop" of orange is perfect! Love it!

Jaydee said...

Christy, I just love that pop of orange! Fabulous use of the DSP. Thanks for making me smile... oh... and the moose and your brother? I totally see it!!
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Super cute Christy! Love that little pop of color on the adorable pumpkin and the mix of patterns is awesome! That sentiment is one of my favorites, too.