Sunday, August 28, 2022

Gnome Wishes for the Paper Players

Happy Sunday and hooray for a new Paper Players challenge!  This week Anne Marie has a fantastic sketch for us:


It's fun, right?  And there's so many stamps out there now that have coordinating dies, it's super easy to find something for that great "any shape" element.  So I had to give my Storybook Gnomes suite a spin for today's card!


I decided to die cut the gnome and his feet are crooked and I'm going to go with I MEANT to do that ; )  The pattern on the central strip in the back is from the coordinating Storybook Gnomes DSP but then I went riffling through my DSP for some single-color patterns to coordinate.  The Crushed Curry strip is from the Tea Boutique stack; the polka dots is from some retired Brights DSP, and the gnome's hat is the In Color DSP that retired this past summer.  Four papers, four different sources, but I think they work together.

Hope you'll have fun with this sketch too!  Upload your sketchtastic creation to the Paper Players blog and have fun being creative!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Kindest Gnomes
Ink:  Evening Evergreen
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Evening Evergreen, Petal Pink, Soft Suede, Thick Basic White, Storybook Gnomes DSP, Tea Boutique DSP Stack, Poppy Parade DSP, Evening Evergreen DSP
Accessories:  Gnomes dies, Dimensionals

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )

6 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, I love all your DSP together! Great job with the sketch! Have a great week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, that little gnome is the cutest! I love the mix of patterns and all the fun colors, too! I hope your son has a great school year!

Jaydee said...

Your gnome is adorable! What a wonderful use of these papers, too.
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Christy, this card is AMAZING! I absolutely LOVE it. Your mix of patterns pair perfectly. And seriously, who can resist a gnome in a plaid hat!!! Great job!

laurie said...

I adore gnomes!!! Such a cute card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Christy, this is SUCH a fun card! Love your mix of patterns and the colors are so cheerful. You rocked those mixed patterns perfectly!