Sunday, August 7, 2022

Paper Players Celebrates Birthdays

Hey y'all, happy Sunday and welcome to a new Paper Players challenge!


Love this one.  Everyone has a birthday so we all need more birthday cards in our stash, right?  The fun bright colors on the challenge graphic made me think of a retired stamp set with coordinating patterned paper, so here's what I made:


The stamp set is called Sweetest Thing, but I always try to call it Jar of Sweets, which is the name of the die set that goes with it.  The stamp set has three jars and a variety of things you can put in them, my favorite being the gummy bears.  HOWEVER, the How Sweet It Is DSP has a bunch of printed jars that coordinate with the dies as well (looks great and it's easy!), so the only stamping on my card is the sentiment.  I had fun picking and choosing which patterns to coordinate with my gummy bears, and this card has already reached its recipient.  I recently sent a giant box of German goodies (including quite a few varieties of gummy candies) to my honorary niece, just stuff that I can get here that they don't have in America.  So my gummy bear birthday card is extra appropriate for Emma's 13th birthday. 

Hope you'll join in the birthday fun and upload your card creation to the Paper Players blog.  And if you sneak a handful of gummy bears or a piece of birthday cake while you're crafting, I won't tell ; )  Enjoy!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sweetest Thing
Ink:  Granny Apple Green
Paper:  Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green, Thick Basic White, How Sweet It Is DSP
Accessories:  Layering Circles dies, Jar of Sweets dies, Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals, Glitter Enamel Dots

The Paper Players Design Team

Cindy Beach

Christy Stanford <-- You are here : )

5 comments:

Jennie Maier said...

Christy, I love the brightness of your birthday card! Those little gummy bears are too cute! Have a great week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the bright, colourful birthday card you created Christie and those gummie bears are so cute! I bet your niece loved it, especially if it came with a box of goodies too!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh, I just love these bright, happy colors! The little gummy bears are so fun! My grands love them! This is such a FUN card!

LeAnne said...

I couldn't wait to comment on this card, I love it so much! Bright, fun, bold colors and patterns....just LOVE IT!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Christy! Such fun and cheery colors. These little gummy bears are SO cute! Emma will LOVE this card...I know I do!!!