Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Thanks, Teach for SUO Challenges

Good morning and welcome to a new challenge from SUO Challenges!


Our theme this time around is back to school and/or teacher cards.  And my kiddo will be starting kindergarten later this month, so I'd better start making some school cards for his teachers, right?  Here's what I made for today's challenge:


Like many people, I associate apples with back-to-school stuff, but I didn't have the new Apple Harvest stamp set yet when I made my card.  So I reached for a retired host stamp set, Hand Delivered, which has the lady's legs and skirt and you can mix-and-match what she's holding.  Happily for me, there's this stack of books with the apple on top.  I reached for the awesome Butterfly Kisses DSP stack for the background and used the colors from the DSP to color in my lady and her stack of books.  A couple of die-cut rectangles and a few sequins and my card was finished!

Hope you'll join in the fun and upload your own card at the SUO Challenges blog.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hand Delivered
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Blends in Fresh Freesia, Starry Sky, Petal Pink, So Saffron, Calypso Coral, Parakeet Party
Paper:  Fresh Freesia, Parakeet Party, Thick Basic White, Butterfly Kisses DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Heather said...

Lol, another beauty, Christy - I know your new teacher will love to get handmade gifts and cards from you! What a perfect image for BTS - this is one of my favorite sets!