Friday, August 12, 2022

Sending Poppies

Happy Friday, y'all!  I'm enjoying my first cuppa tea in probably over three weeks--it's just been too hot to enjoy hot tea lately and dang I've missed it.  But anyway!  I have a card to share today.


TBH this card feels like a bit of a cheat because the patterned paper is doing ALL the work here.  I started with this week's Freshly Made Sketch:


Coincidentally it's very similar to the Fusion sketch I used for yesterday's card, just an extra layer.  I paired that with the Color Throwdown:


I used Rich Razzleberry, Poppy Parade, and Old Olive for the colors, all of which are in that Peaceful Poppies DSP that we had a few years ago.  Trying to make myself cut into some older papers instead of just hoarding : )

That's it for me today.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sending Smiles
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Paper:  Poppy Parade, Thick Basic White, Peaceful Poppies DSP
Accessories:  Sending dies, Dimensionals, Brushed Brass Butterflies

4 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous colors and patterned paper is perfect for the main panel! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Ida said...

Wonderful use of the patterned paper to match those colors. Your card is very pretty.

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a beautiful take on the throwdown colors! Love your loose watercoloring! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

Karren said...

This patterned paper is gorgeous! Fabulous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.