Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Guest DT: Retro Rubber Loves the 80s

Surprise double post today!  Awhile back, the Retro Rubber team chose my card as the winner for a challenge, so I was invited to be a guest designer for the new challenge going live today : ) Here's a look at the challenge:


I am a child of the 80s so I remember this color palette well!  The house I grew up in had PEACH curtains and it makes me giggle to watch the original Ghostbusters because Dana's apartment is *SO* 80s.  So here's what I made:


Country Home joined my stamp collection 4 years ago.  It's retired now, but I don't let that stop me from pulling out my older stamp sets now and then : )  From the challenge graphic, I chose blue, pink, grey, and tan, using mostly Stampin' Blends to color my image, which I then fussy cut.  (I used a regular Blushing Bride marker for some bits on the image since there aren't any Blushing Bride Stampin' Blends.)  I flagged the ends of a couple of scraps of patterned paper, added a few embellishments and done.  Simple, but I like it!

Hope you'll join in the fun at the Retro Rubber Challenge blog.  Enjoy!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Country Home
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Blushing Bride marker, Stampin' Blends in Petal Pink, Seaside Spray, Misty Moonlight, Gray Granite
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Thick Basic White, Blushing Bride DSP, Misty Moonlight DSP
Accessories:  Dimensionals, Polished Dots

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

SO happy you're guesting with us this week! And your little floral arrangement is a perfect combination of our 80s palette! Love it!

Heather said...

Dang, Christy, you so made our colors look EASY, lol - I love this! Such a great set, and perfect showcase of our funky colors! Thanks so much for guesting with us this week at Retro Rubber!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Christy! Thank you again for being our guest! You did this challenge proud and as Heather said - you made it look so easy! Wonderfully done! Thank you again! jane

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I'm so sorry for being some late leaving you a comment. I had to get a new laptop because my old one got "sick", ughhhh!!😒
But I'm so grateful you were our guest designer for this RETRO RUBBER CHALLENGE, and this card you shared is just gorgeous.
You showcased the colors of our inspiration photo perfectly in this sweet floral arrangement, and I love the DSP you used to compliment this vase.
Thank you for playing and for being our guest designer this time around at RETRO RUBBER.
Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.

Claire Grantham said...

Christy, this is gorgeous, I love the way you have used the colour palette here.I love flower vase / jar stamps. Great to have as our guest this time at Retro Rubber, hope to see you in the gallery again soon. Claire DT