Thursday, February 16, 2023

Talk to Me, Goose

Hey y'all, how's your week going?  Ryan's birthday was yesterday, which in the evening involved tacos, yet more cake, and opening presents.  He was excited to get whoopie cushions (really?) and a Nerf gun.  To be honest I'll be excited when the cake is gone, I ate way too much last night!

Anyway, I have a cute little card to share today and it just makes me happy, take a look:


I hadn't *planned* on getting the Silly Goose stamp set, but somehow it came to my house anyway (I was just far too tempted after seeing so many cute cards that other people were making!).  So for my first goose card, I turned to the Paper Players color challenge:


At first, the only Crumb Cake was a bit of shading on the goose, so I added some Crumb Cake Enamel Dot Essentials to make it more obvious that I had included the color.  I paired that with the excellent triptych sketch from Hand Stamped Sentiments:


It's a looser interpretation, I'm counting the sentiment banner for the circle element in the sketch and the goose and his vellum circle are part of the sketch's center panel.  And the two patterns I chose for the panels happen to be both sides of the same double-sided sheet of paper, which just makes me happy for some reason.

That's it for me today, peeps.  I have been working hard on a series of scrapbook layouts this week, I've got three layouts done except for journaling, a fourth in process, and then one more to go for that particular series.  We'll see how far I can get today since we're going on a trip tomorrow.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Silly Goose
Ink:  Soft Suede,  Stampin' Blends in So Saffron, Petal Pink, Crumb Cake
Paper:  So Saffron, Thick Basic White, Vellum, Country Gingham DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Enamel Dot Essentials, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

You had me at the title of the blog post today Christie - I love that movie! Anyway, I digress - that card is just so cute!! I am adding it to my collection to CASE - such a great way to use the set! The party sounds like fun - in my experience whoopie cushions hold endless appeal to young boys of a certain age and too much cake sounds like a great time was had by all! Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, I love the mix of plaids and the fun little goose with his honkin thank you banner! Too cute! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable thank you card, Christy! I absolutely love the plaid. The vellum circle is a perfect way to show off the goose. Such a fun sentiment, too! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Stampin Expressions said...

Super cute card and I love the papers you used! They go together so well. I have been on the fence on the goose set also, now you have inspired me to get it! Thanks for joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!

Heather said...

Just the cutest, Christy! This is my fave image from this set, so of course, I haven't used it yet, lol. I love your take on our sketch, and what a great use with the vellum! Genius! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

A fun card. The Spring colors, our Sketch and the Goose - too cute! Thank you for sharing your creation with us at HSS this round. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Jenny Engelke said...

Your card is my most favorite in the HSS gallery!!! I just love the gingham paper and the goose is colored so wonderfully! Totally cute all the way around! Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

brrenwick said...

That silly goose will make anyone's day...so cute! Thanks for joining us at HSS!