Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Just a (Music) Note

Hey y'all, how's your week going so far?  I'm pretty chuffed with how my card turned out for today, take a look:


This will be going to my friend Lori, whom I've known since at least middle school if not elementary school; we were in band together all through middle and high school and while I haven't played since we graduated, she still plays oboe with a community orchestra and her husband and kiddos are musicians as well.  I think this card will be appreciated in her house : )

So for today's challenges, we have Festive Friday:


I used pink, purple, and flowers, and there is one heart on there too.  Next up is the Paper Players theme:


I have several musical stamp sets that I could have chosen so I may have to revisit this one later this week.  Music from the Heart just happened to be the first one to pop in my head.

Last up is the Sunday Stamps sketch:


The sketch is what made me think of the Hues of Happiness DSP with all those lovely flowers in a rainbow of colors, including pink and purple.  The background papers are from the Tea Boutique DSP Stack which I thought coordinated quite well.  I think I'm going to have to stock up on Fresh Freesia before it retires this summer, I am enjoying that color.

Have a great day, y'all!  I'm off to work in my craft room : )

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Music from the Heart
Ink:  Fresh Freesia, Mossy Meadow
Paper:  Fresh Freesia, Thick Basic White, Hues of Happiness DSP, Tea Boutique DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stylish Shapes dies, Dimensionals

11 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is GORGEOUS, Christy! You have every reason to be happy with it! Colors, florals, the little "note"...it all works together beautifully! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week!

dj said...

Beautiful combination of challenges!! Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over @ Sunday Stamps! -Deb Horst, DT #SSC302

stampwithamyk said...

So pretty! Love the colors and the flowers are the perfect accent. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So beautiful Christie! I love the soft lilac and pink colour scheme, the layout and that set is a favourite floral and the music note is the perfect addition for our PP theme. This card is just beautiful! Thanks for playing with us over at Festive Friday and at The Paper Players this week!

Fran Wing said...

Hello, Christy. Your friend is going to LOVE this beautiful card! Thank you for sharing it with us at The Paper Players.
Xoxo, Fran

Melissa Grant said...

Very pretty Christie! Soft colors, lots of complimentary DSP and that little heart music note! Thanks for joining us at SUNDAY STAMPS!

Heather said...

Wow, this is glorious, Christy - and beautiful colors to boot! Love it! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Beth McCullough said...

Such a beautiful card, Christy! The patterns and colors work so well together! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge :)

Stef Perry said...

Wow, Christy, your card is a beauty! Love the sweet tribute to your musical friend and her family with the sentiment and musical note, plus those roses are so gorgeous. I was just thinking the same thing about stocking up on Fresh Fressia and it certainly looks lovely in the background of your card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!

Melva Peters said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us on Festive Friday Challenges!

Stef Perry said...

Christy, your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the colors of the pretty flowers and the patterned background. So glad you joined us at Sunday Stamps!