Monday, February 13, 2023

February 2020

Scrappy Monday!  Man, what a weekend.  Last Thursday, Ryan woke up at one in the morning with a 101-degree fever so he stayed home with me Thursday and Friday.  On Friday, he comes up to me and says his eyes hurt, so I ended up taking him to the doc and he had pinkeye!  We got drops for his eyes (he's been a trooper with taking those) and based on the doc's advice, we moved his birthday party from Saturday to Sunday.  The other parents were very kind about the last-minute switch-up since we did it to keep anyone else from getting sick.  The kids had a great time running around an indoor playground and eating cake and ice cream yesterday, I think Ryan was worn out at the end of it but he was a happy kiddo.  Today, Ryan's eyes look back to normal, but he's still coughing and congested quite a bit, so maybe it's a good thing they're off school today.  Can you believe that the kids here get the day off after the Super Bowl??

Anyway, he's home with me so we'll be working on his Valentines for school (and the Valentines box too) and we're having lunch with Krissy, my dino-loving friend.  So here's a Scrappy Monday layout that gets two thumbs up from her!


Ryan was wearing dinosaur shirts in two of the pictures and that was enough for me to go with it for a theme on this layout; all the pics are snapshots from February of 2020.  Rather than doing a journaling block, I just added some quick captions by the photos, so this layout was pretty quick and easy to put together.  I think what took the longest was deciding which of the Dinoroar DSP prints to use : )  This was another of my very recent creations.  I only finished 8 pages last week, though I have another layout on my table that only requires journaling; we'll see how far I can get this week, though it's a short week with Ryan home today and off school Friday as well.  Speed scrappin' may be happenin'!


Today's color palette is lifted straight from the DSP:  Pool Party, Old Olive, Mango Melody, Pretty Peacock, just a smidgen of Pineapple Punch (the world's happiest yellow), and Whisper White.  Looks like there's some kind of color refresh on the horizon for SU!, so Pretty Peacock is coming back starting March 1.  If you ask me, they should never retire *any* colors, they should just add more!  #ColorDragon

I'm off to go get cleaned up after my workout and get started on Valentines.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Dino Days, Full Calendar
Ink:  Pretty Peacock, Mango Melody, Old Olive, Basic Gray marker
Paper:  Pool Party, Pretty Peacock, Thick Basic White, Dinoroar DSP
Accessories:  Dino dies, Stylish Shapes dies

1 comment:

Tanya said...

This is a great layout. I love the use of the dino DP and the journaling in the horizontal space.