Wednesday, February 1, 2023

The Mountains Are Calling

Hey y'all!  I am quite pleased with how much scrapping I have gotten done this week, I finished two layouts yesterday and I have another one on my craft table right now.  But first, a card!


When I first saw the Paper Players sketch for this week, I was thinking of using Desert Details and the coordinating DSP, but then yesterday I happened to see Greatest Journey sitting on my shelf and I remembered the phenomenal Enjoy the Journey DSP and this happened.  Oh man, I'm going to need more of that DSP!  As nice as it looks in the catalog, it's even better in person.  I decided to go with the nighttime mountain backdrop for this card (maybe I should do a sunny version as well?) and oh yes I need at least one more pack of that paper so I can hoard it.  Also every time I think "Greatest Journey" my brain starts singing "Don't stop believin'..."  Anyway, here's the sketch:


I took a picture of the card yesterday before I put on the Milky Dots and it just needed that little extra embellishment.  Okay, I've gotta get upstairs and keep working, I am totally enjoying this week : )

Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Greatest Journey
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Starry Sky, Garden Green, Versamark
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Thick Basic White, Enjoy the Journey DSP
Accessories:  Greatest Journey dies, Dimensionals, Milky Dots, White EP

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I love this card!! Night time in the mountains is SO lovely! And I agree- my pack of this DP arrived yesterday and I am in love!

Also, the recent SUO black and white challenge put Michael Jackson in my head for two days....! I like Journey a lot better! :D

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this Christy. I don't have that DSP - sounds like you are going to create paper envy in your next few posts! It makes the perfect backdrop for your evening mountain scene - gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Tarabeth Stamps said...

Stunning card!!! I love all the layers! Thanks for playing over at the Paper Players Challenge

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely awesome, Christy! I love this paper, and you have showcased it to perfection. I am so glad you played with The Paper Players this week!