Friday, February 24, 2023

Floral Cake Thanks

Hey y'all, happy Friday.  We made it!  I think this weekend is going to have to involve some deep cleaning on our house, not to mention disinfecting everything so maybe we can break the cycle of sickness we've got going on here.

But for right now, a card:


Scenic Garden is the host stamp set in the Sale-a-Bration catalog, otherwise I probably wouldn't have picked it up on my own.  But it seemed like the right answer for this week's Color Throwdown:


I used So Saffron, Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy, and Sweet Sorbet for my colors.  For some reason my Bermuda Bay Blends come out looking more green than aqua, but that works for this card.  I promise it really IS Bermuda Bay.

I paired that with this week's new sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday:


Pretty straightforward today.  I'm going to go continue trying not to cough any more than absolutely necessary...stay healthy, friends!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Scenic Garden, Peaceful Moments
Ink:  Night of Navy, Stampin' Blends in So Saffron, Bermuda Bay, Sweet Sorbet
Paper:  So Saffron, Night of Navy, Thick Basic White, Country Gingham DSP Stack
Accessories:  Deckled Rectangles dies, Harvest dies, Dimensionals, In Color Matte Dots

4 comments:

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, great interpretation of our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch! At first I thought it was a flowery cake, but then saw the drip pot and sentiment and realized it was a tiered flower pot... I like it regardless because of how you carried the colors from the flowers over to your choice of card base and pattern paper colors!! I like the deckled edging, too, since it gives a more rustic garden feel. Thank you so much for joining us this week for our TSOT challenge!!! -Donna

Wanda Cullen said...

Cute flower pot tower and perfect for the throwdown colors! Thanks so mjuch for playing along with us this week!

AmyR said...

so pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Color Throwdown challenge!

kramer_buffy said...

Your colors on that cake are perfection, gurl! Thanks so much for playing with us at TSOT!

-- Stamprgrl
http://stamprgrl.worpdress.com