Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Healing Thoughts

Mornin' y'all.  We got back from our Austrian sledding adventure yesterday and...I was sick the whole time.  Actually all three of us are under the weather to one degree or another; at night in our hotel room we were a veritable three-part symphony of coughing, sneezing, and sniffling.  So I feel like I should be mailing today's card to my own house.


Here is the Paper Players' very timely challenge:


And this week's sketch from Global Design Project:


To keep it CAS, I used the Layering Circles dies to cut masks out of some scratch paper, and then used my blending brushes to make the three circles without adding any layers to my card.  I took my colors from the Sunday Stamps challenge:


I read the top three colors as Balmy Blue, Lost Lagoon, and Soft Sea Foam, so that's what I went with for my card.  And apparently Lost Lagoon is making a comeback starting in March.

Ryan is off school today but so far he's been content to play with some Legos he got for his birthday, so here's hoping I get to take it easy today.  Think it's time for another Ricola cough drop...

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Inspired Thoughts
Ink:  Balmy Blue, Soft Sea Foam, Lost Lagoon
Paper:  Balmy Blue, Soft Sea Foam, Thick Basic White
Accessories:  Layering Circles dies, Ornate Frames dies, sequins, Dimensionals

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh dear, I hope you are all feeling better! This is a perfect trio of CAS, colors and sketch--you nailed them all! Love it! Thanks for playing with our Get Well challenge at the Players this week!

Heather said...

Wow, you combined all three challenges so perfectly - I love the look of stenciled circles together! This simple card is just perfect! Feel better! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Claire Broadwater said...

Christy, your card is so peaceful and calming! I love this color combo. Thank you for joining my challenge at The Paper Players and also Sunday Stamps! Hope you feel much better

Stef Perry said...

What a bummer you were all sick during what otherwise sounds like a dream vacation! I hope you're all on the path to recovery Christy. I love how you used the challenge colors for your sweet get well card! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

dj said...

A healing take on our "Spring Dreaming" color challenge with your soft stamped circles!! Soothing use of our color combo!! So glad you joined the fun and played along with us over at Sunday Stamps!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SSC303