Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Christmas Lute

Hey y'all, I'm finally starting to feel like I'm on the mend from whatever demon cold virus hit me last week, and I just barely squeaked in enough time to make a quick card to share today.


Apparently we're doing Christmas cards in February ; )  But this is what wanted to get made when I saw the Festive Friday challenge:


From the inspo list, I have (lots of) musical notes, one musical instrument, the words on the black strip are the lyrics to Christmas carols (in English, French, and German, no less), I have a couple of stripes, mostly neutral colors, and I used a blending brush to add some brown ink to the background paper and make the central strip and the lute pop more on white.  At least I think it's a lute.  I also used the current Retro Rubber sketch:


Congrats to the Retro Rubber team for making it to two hundred challenges, what a milestone!  My stamp set for today is Musical Season and apparently I'd never used it before (oops), but some Googling informs me that maybe it retired in 2017 (probably with that year's holiday catalog), so it's just over five years old.  I know for sure I'd used the coordinating dies before because there's a lovely treble clef die.  Thanks to both challenges for giving me an excuse to finally ink up this stamp set!

That's it for me today, I'm off to watch more Ladybug and Cat Noir with the kiddo.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Musical Season
Ink:  Cinnamon Cider, Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Basic Black, Thick Basic White, Merry Music Specialty DSP
Accessories:  Musical Instruments dies, In Color Opal Rounds, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Nothing wrong with Christmas in February if that's where the Inspo List led you! Love the neutral colors, great use of the sketch too. Thanks for sharing with us at Festive Friday!

Heather said...

Just gorgeous, Christy - love that lute, and that background paper is SO festive! I Love seeing Christmas cards all year long, lol! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Tanya said...

Ohhh so pretty!! I love this set and dies, tho mostly I use them for band pages, ha. I also love that paper and maaay have two packs of it in my stash....

Claire Grantham said...

WOW!! This is so stunning, what a gorgeous colour palette for a Christmas card. Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

Neva Cole said...

So nice to see you in our gallery again. This is a beautiful card for Christmas. The music symbols along with snowflakes in the background along with the instrument is striking. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!

creative lady said...

Love your card, love the music notes in the background. Thank you for joining Retro Rubber Challenge Blog!

Sharon Hashimoto Burkert said...

Fabulous! The DSP is just perfect for the Inspo list. I think Christmas cards all year round is a great idea. Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge.

Jaydee said...

Christy, great idea doing a Christmas card in February - you are way more organized than I am :-) I love that fabulous background and the texture on the lute. Great take on the challenge. So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week
Jaydee