Friday, February 3, 2023

On Fridays We Do CAS

Hey y'all, how's your Friday going?  We got back just a bit ago from picking up my car at the dealership because it had some work done, and other than that I have had a very scrappy day.  Got one layout totally done and another that just lacks the journaling.  And I made a quick card for today.


I was thinking a bit about the very first card I ever posted on this blog while I made this one, but for today's card I used the double challenge from CAS Colours & Sketches:



It's a bit of a liberal take on the sketch since I plopped my shell right in the middle of the text, but I did *start* with the sketch in mind.  And now I have a nice anytime card to send out whenever I need one.  Most of the time I send out 3 to 5 cards per week, so I'm sure this will go out sometime soon.

After I posted my Paper Players card this week with the fantastic Enjoy the Journey DSP, Stampin' Up! announced that that paper is now an option for a Sale-a-Bration freebie.  So guess who just got several more packs to hoard *makes happy dragon noises*  And I used some of the paper on one of the scrapbook layouts today.  Hooray!

Have a great Friday, peeps.

Supplies, all SU! (many retired)
Stamps:  By the Tide
Ink:  Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana
Paper:  Thick Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Dimensionals, Wink of Stella

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful card, Christy!! Great use of the colors, too!! (I had a hard time with these!). Thanks so much for sharing at CC&S!!

sentsue said...

Beautiful work! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us on the CC & S Challenge.

Patricia Hays said...

I wouldn't have thought to use these colors for a beachy theme, but you've made it look terrific! Thanks for joining in our double challenge at CC&S! :)

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

Love it, a very unique take on the colors! The "netting" is such a great idea for the pink and yellow - I would love to find a red conch shell someday - Thanks for joining us at CC&S

YoonYoung Kim said...

Beautiful and simple card, Christy. I love the combination of the coral reef and the top shell. Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.