Monday, February 27, 2023

British Invasion

Scrappy Monday, y'all!  Ugh, this cold just will NOT leave me alone!  When I pick Ryan up this afternoon, we have to go to the store for more Kleenex.  Here's hoping I'll finally kick it to the curb this week.

In the meantime, here's another layout I finished recently:


Okay, so the Invasion started with us meeting up with everyone else (aka The Invaders) in Paris, then we went back to the hubs and my house for a few days (laundry break) before heading to London.  So here I am working on this layout and I very nearly missed the opportunity to title it British Invasion.  For real, I started stamping Invasion Intermission before my brain finally kicked in and started working!  So I'm happy with how this turned out.  I chose Regal Rose (that nice medium pink) because my SIL helpfully wore that pink shirt (and my other sister and I were wearing paler pink in the other pictures), and So Saffron because of my mom's yellow floral shirt.  Good excuse to use the long-retired Georgia Peach DSP!


My color palette comes straight from the DSP, and I thought it coordinated well with the photos:  Regal Rose, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, and a bit of Whisper White.  Nice and springy, though the pictures were taken in July.  Told you I've been doing a lot of pinks and reds lately...actually the layout on my desk right now is a Poppy Parade base.  Better get some laundry started so I can work in my craft room today...if my head will oblige me by not spinning too much.  Urgh.  Stay healthy, friends!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Calendar Alphabet & Numbers, Polka Dots & Petals
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Soft Suede
Paper:  Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Thick Basic White, Georgia Peach DSP
Accessories:  1" and 1 1/4" circle punches

No comments: