Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Bouquet of Countries

Hey y'all!  Didja get a lot of chocolate yesterday for Valentine's Day?  I was surprised at the Valentines that Ryan brought home from school.  We just made simple ones and taped a piece of candy to them, but some of the ones he got were like full-up goodie bags and stuff.  Guess we'll have to step up our game next year.  It was also the hubs' birthday, but he's coming down with a cold again (like, he hadn't fully recovered from the last one) so it was a very low-key evening involving pizza and cake.  We still have cake left over from Ryan's birthday too, this was a different cake.  So much cake.

Anyway, today's card is not cake-related and I busted out a new stamp!


I got an SU! order on Monday and let's not talk about how I hadn't used all the stamp sets yet from my previous SU order and move along here, hmm?  Anyway, Watercolor World is one of my new stamp sets (it's just a single stamp, does it still qualify as a stamp set?) and I'm afraid I over-inked it a bit (my Orchid Oasis ink pad is very, very juicy) but I didn't want to toss that piece of patterned paper so I'm just going with it.  Most of my cards get sent back to Texas, so I put rhinestones on the map for Germany and Texas.

I used a recent sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday:


I turned the sketch on its side for my card since the world map is a horizontal image.  I paired that with the colors from Just Add Ink:


This is such a fun combination and I'm glad I managed to make a card before the challenge deadline.  I've been using the newer In Colors a LOT on my scrapbook pages too, I had to buy another pack of Starry Sky cardstock.  In fact, I think I should just put a pack of it on every SU! order I do from now until it retires next year.  I'm definitely a paper hoarder.

Anyway, I've got just a bit of time before I have to go pick up cupcakes (more cake! but smaller!) to take to Ryan's school for his birthday.  We'll be having tacos for dinner tonight (his favorite) and probably cake.  Just a guess.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Watercolor World, Country Bouquet, Peekaboo Farm
Ink:  Orchid Oasis, Polished Pink
Paper:  Tahitian Tide, Orchid Oasis, Thick Basic White, Tea Boutique DSP Stack
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangles dies, Country Bouquet punch, In Color rhinestones, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Chantell Randall said...

A really lovely card that made me smile. I like how you have marked the spot on the Map with Rhinestones - very clever. A fun way to use the colours. Chantell Just Add Ink

Melissa Grant said...

What a great card! Turning the sketch to use that fabulous stamp was a great use of the sketch! Marking the locations with rhinestones...LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT!

Tanya said...

Okay, I love the card! Perfect way to use it!
And you're not kidding about the class Valentines!!! I was not expecting the lengths some people went to! What in the world?!

Donna Scholz said...

Christy, I love your card... it has a grunge look from the extra-juicy ink pad, and the dotted background paper you chose! What a great interpretation of our Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch!! Thank you for sharing, and happy birthday to the hub!!! -Donna